Everyone love swings! Nowadays, swings are making space in people’s hearts and home for all the good reasons. After all, it is a bit shaky yet swingful escape from the mundane life we all live. Got fascinated by a fancy hammock swing online, ordered it, received, and is now clueless about installing it? Hey, we got you! Being one of the leading online sellers of Swing for home, we know the trouble is real if you have no one to guide you. Relax! Here’s your complete guide on the basics of Swing Chair installation at home. You can do it on your own. All you need is a stepwise guide and the right tools. Can’t wait to swing? Let’s get started.
- Measuring Tape [ To measure perfect height and width before placement of swing].
- Drill [If you get power drill well and good, if not, a manual screwdriver can work in most cases].
- Stud Finder [To locate beams/studs inside the wall. Good to locate perfect mounting space for your swing].
- Pencil/Chalk [To make markings on the ceiling].
- Screws [Size as mentioned on your swing manual or based on weight capacity].
- Base Plate/Ceiling Mount [to support weight; generally comes with the swing].
- Spring Extension [ to adjust the seat height to perfect; ideally 18” gap between floor & swing].
- A step stool or ladder [ to stand and place the hardware on the ceiling].
- Swivel Bracket [ very important to help swing chair turn 360-degrees without damaging the hardware or stress the delicate chair].
Now, you are ready with all the gadgets, let’s begin with the swing installation process. Trust us; it’s easy peasy!
- STEP 1: Begin your swing installation by deciding where you wish to place it. Hold the swing chair, and see if there is ample space to rotate and swing. If yes, jump to step 2.
- STEP 2: Not jump, climb! Climb on the ladder, step you’ve arranged, grab the pencil/chalk to make a rough marking where you wish to hang your swing.
- STEP 3: Installing your chair into a beam/joist is crucial. The beam is the part of the ceiling that gives strength & stability to it. If you install your chair just on the ceiling without locating a perfect beam spot, it can damage your ceiling and cause severe injuries to you or your loved ones. Why would anyone risk so much? Make sure you locate the beam ideally. Here comes the role of the stud finder device. It will help you to locate the centre point of the beam (hopefully near your pencil markings). Once you get the point, hooray! The main job is done.
- STEP 4: Now it’s time to screw the mounting plate. Climb up the ladder once again, place the mounting plate to the exact beam point, and screw it to the ceiling. Place all four screws carefully and straight. As the screws reach the beam, they will start creating resistance, and it’s a hint that you are on the right track.
- STEP 5: In the last step, hang the swing extension onto the mounting plate and place your swing on it. If your swing hardware has a swivel hook, you can clip one side onto your swing and the other side on the spring extension. And the job is done!
- STEP 6: Oh, we are just kidding, no more steps! You are all set to rock the great swing for home, installed by you! We recommend you try placing appropriate weights on it first to ensure everything is fixed perfectly.
NOTE: This is a general Swing Hanging Process. With new models, innovative swings coming up every day, we recommend reaching out to your swing seller for more details.
Easy peasy as promised, right? Get set and install your swing today. It will add that missing oomph factor to your living space like a pro. Sit, relax, read a book or simply chat; this wonderful swing space is going to be your favourite spot of home for the entire life. Such is the charm of swing chairs!
Haven’t you found your comfy swing chair yet? Check out our new collections and order to avail exciting discounts. Click here to buy now!